Assalamu'alaikum blog :)
It's funny to realize that for the last 4 years, I had always gone to KL between March-April. The first time, April 2011 was Singapore-KL backpacking with my friends. Then March 2012 I joined a friend for Matrade convention. April 2013, again, holiday with friends. And March 2014, I joined my hubby who had a training in KL for a week.
My parents followed me to KL, they stayed for 3 days :D It was the first time for my mom being in KL, so I recommended them to go to Putrajaya. But as I didn't feel well, I just stayed at hotel >_<
Here are their photos of Putrajaya!
They rented a tourist taxi for 2 hours, spared the taxi with a nice Indian couple :) I'm so happy hearing mom & dad's stories that they were having fun & make new friends at Putrajaya. Oh I wish I could go with them! I haven't seen many places they took pictures of!
A day after my parents went back home to Indonesia, I had a city tour by myself. I took Kuala Lumpur Hop On Hop Off (KL HOHO) Bus Tour! This was my second experience riding KL HOHO, and I was really excited because the last time I went to KL I haven't finished my tour...
My highlight of the tour was Islamic Arts Museum, which is ranked #1 attraction of KL in Tripadvisor. It is located across the National Mosque, where my bus stopped.
Islamic Arts Museum, A Gallery of Islamic Design
Contemporary calligraphy exhibition
And these calligraphy are all hand-made! So neat!
Masjidil Haraam miniature. Alhamdulillah, been there and dreaming to come back :')
Masjid Abu Dhabi's Sheikh Zayed! Alhamdulillah I've been there too :')
Old Al Qur'an, hand made, hand written, and hand painted.
Selfie by self timer! (Finally there's a picture of me -__-")
A cafe in the museum, looked luxurious (and expensive hahahaha)
Outside the museum, across the mosque, I could see this beautiful building
Ice cream for lunch! While I was waiting for Hop On Hop Off next bus (Aha just kidding, I also bought some fruits too for my lunch)
View from the top of the bus
Tips on joining Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour:
- Have a research of every tourism spot you will pass by (near the bus stop), so you know where to explore (or just sit in the bus until the next destination)
- Bring your own packed meal & drink, as it is quite hard to find (affordable) food, unless if you're planning to visit malls at the right time (the time your tummy screams for food) - in my experience, I was starving by the time I finished seeing Islamic Arts Museum, and their restaurant is too expensive. So I bought Ice cream & watermelon fruit sold in front of the mosque =_=" *yang penting keganjel*
- Sunblock! Oh yeah! Especially if you're planning to do sightseeing on the top of the bus. Nice view but... sunburned :p
What I missed the most from KL:
- Nando's chicken. Omygod their grilled chicken is legend...dary! I want moooreeee!! I regret why I didn't buy their sauce to make my own peri-peri grilled chicken at home T_T Should I come back to KL only to satisfy my cravings of Nando's chicken???
- More flavors of Chatime!! And their shop is sooo fancy at Bukit Bintang :D
- Breakfast with hubby at Tous Les Jours shop at Bukit Bintang. Superb pastry & comfortable place, too
Tous Les Jours shop
So, I guess... See you next time, KL?